Highland Community Church strives to make an impact in and around the Wausau, Weston, Marathon, and Merrill communities. We encourage our staff and our attenders to be active and participate in local events. See the bottom of the page for ongoing opportunities to serve in our community!
Here are some upcoming opportunities for you to Connect, Grow, and Go into our community. Watch for updates as each event approaches or contact Janna Janke at for more information.
Here are the upcoming opportunities to serve:
Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Donations: Now is a great time to shop for back-to-school clearance items for the OCC shoebox packing event on November 1 & 2. We can also use donations of new non-liquid, non-breakable hygiene items (not toothpaste),children’s clothing, and small toys. Please do not include: breakable items, war-related toys, or play money. Donation boxes can be found at each Connection Point.
Cash donations can also be dropped off at the office to
cover shipping costs for those that can’t afford it. Contact:
Michele Sattler at 715-551-4974.
Giving Tree - In November, we have the opportunity to bless over 100 children in our community who may not otherwise receive Christmas gifts. With your help, selected school children will receive a Christmas gift, along with a Children's Bible. For more information or to pick up a gift tag, stop by the Connection Point at each campus. Together, we are making a difference in our community!
Thanksgiving Baskets/Food Drive: Watch for upcoming information regarding the non-perishable food drive coming up for G180 and One Way. More information will be coming out in the near future how you can get involved in this!
Just a few of the other Community Service Opportunities we have participated in:
- Monthly meals provided to the local organizations that serve our community such as Police and Fire Departments and the Women's Community
- Adopt a Classroom at Weston Elementary School
- Stuff the Bus school supply item collection
- Law Enforcement appreciation event
- Collection of clothing and hygiene items for local school children in need
- Preparing and serving a meal for the homeless
- Children and Youth Ministries volunteering at The Neighbors Place
- Youth Ministries yearly spring clean-up efforts at local camps
- Nursing Home visits to play games, carol, and fellowship
- Feed My Starving Children
- Turkey - Thanksgiving Baskets
- Giving Tree Ministry gift program for local children in need
- Operation Christmas Child
- Blessings in a Backpack
- Make a Difference Day
Questions about opportunities to make an impact in our community? Contact Janna Janke at